Monday, July 18, 2011

Do you live a Sattva, Tamas, or Rajas life style?

Or maybe it is a combination of 2, maybe all 3.. I definitely reside with Sattva and Rajas, but I'm working toward Sattva! I do believe it could be a life long journey, just as yoga is. The good news is with "challenges" like this there is little time to get bored.

I am not ashamed to say that a large part of my life I lived a Tamas lifestyle. I have been gluten free for one year now and have never felt better. With most evolutionary steps comes personal reward, followed by an upstream battle due to our American culture. I'm aware enough to know the temptations to eat foods I know are bad for me are mine to deal with. Just because it is gluten free does NOT mean it is good for you!

We can't argue the influence of media, friends, and family that put a constant need to stay true to ourself. I must have a solid understanding of how to stay in my best well being. This will allow me to continue to serve others unconditionally. What would it be like to go out to dinner with friends and order rice and spinach and not even bat an eye at what others are eating?! I am able to do this from time to time... As I sit here and type I can remember the great feeling not only in my tummy but in my entire body after making a positive choice like that for myself! Both physically and mentally.

I have slipped away from my once very strong will against the enemy (attachment to food). I blame this mostly on our traveling! Not me of course :)

So.. on Wednesday I will begin a 7 day rice fast before I head out on my northern California camping trip which will also include a very clean diet. I will share my experience, frustrations, and joys that come along with any release of attachment. I have an amazing teacher guiding me through the process so I feel no stress and I'm very comfortable with my choice. The rice is prepared in a way that holds its highest level of nutrients and served with hulled sesame seed prepared at home of course. Perfect balance of amino acids and protein plus many other key nutrients.

What intimidates me the most? Watching the cravings come and go..

What excites me the most? Watching the craving come and GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment