Thursday, May 26, 2011

Joplin Jitters

The sky is blue and white puffy clouds hang like ornaments. The sky meets the trees and the grass holds the deepest green I've ever seen.

All the donations collected over the last 3 days have the truck and my heart overflowing. It has been an interesting lesson in human character while organizing this trip. It seemed the people who gave their time and hard earned money to help, were those that had the least to give.

I've never personally witnessed a tragedy of this magnitude. I am nervous about what I will see with my eyes and feel in my heart. I feel honored to have a life partner to share such a deep experience with.

Growth awaits for us as a team and as individuals. Something we both welcome with open arms!

My goal is to remain as present as I possible can. To make eye contact with everyone I see and hug anyone that will let me in!

At the end of the day, sending love is all we really can do.




No comments:

Post a Comment