Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ongoing Bio..

To begin, it's always best to start at the beginning, just follow the yellow brick road.. Oh wait, that's my favorite line in my favorite movie..

We should just go all the way back before I was even a thought! It was in California, Spring of 76'. My mom was working at my papa's service station and my dad worked across the street. My mom with her small frame, tanned California body and oh yes, the Farra Facet hair. She was a knock out. I've seen pictures of my dad from that time as well, denim Levi's, white t-shirt with his cigs rolled up in his sleeve, and long sandy blonde hair. And of course, he road a motorcycle! The flirtation from across the street eventually lead to a trip to Vegas to get married the following fall.

It wasn't long before the teenage fantasy wore off and the reality of life set in. Very young adults playing house. My sister came first in 79' followed by myself in 81'. My dads job quickly took us out of California, away from family, and to Arizona where things began to quickly fall apart.  A young woman trying to raise two girls on her own while dad worked and sought happiness out of the house. I can hardly begin to judge their struggles.. they were always doing the best they could with the tools they had. We are always living our karma. The path they were on brought me to where I am today. So I thank them. 


Only after a few years in Arizona my dads job moved us again, landing here in Oklahoma! My grandparents soon followed from California to be closer to us. This was one of my saving graces. We all have a super happy place from our childhood. My grandparents were always my soft place to land.

Divorce soon followed our move to Oklahoma.  Being an adult and step mom, I can now look back and almost completely understand how difficult it must of been. I have no anger toward my parents perceived mistakes. A recent well absorbed lesson of mine is there ARE NO MISTAKES IN LIFE. I love the creativity and continued lessons I can pull from my past. Our ego, "like a treasure chest full of goodies". 


A few years passed, my Teddy Ruxpin kept me company. Little did I know at the time, my parents where still dating and before I knew it we were all standing at the alter of a southern Baptist church with our hand made dresses and doily hats. They say "I do" one more time! I cried my eyes out.. happiness I suppose. I was only 6. 


I was tanned, toe headed, full of energy, and I never stopped talking or asking "WHY?"! I questioned everything around me from a very young age, a character trait I have proudly held onto. I lived in my imagination, it was a safe place for me with all that was going on in my little world. My drug I guess you could say. Our soul finds ways at a very young age to go within and find peace. At that age, well, at any age we aren't even aware this is taking place. As kids we escape into our imagination, the outdoors, we make mud pies and play house with the neighborhood kids. As adults, I think not much changes in our escape methods. Of course drugs and alcohol take us to the next level. The interesting thing to me is we aren't taught this "protection method". We come into this world with that ability, plus many more, that are robbed from us in our youth. Or better yet, in our exposure to life. Reconditioning of the mind is now needed.


Until next time, I would like to be clear anything shared is simply just that. My goal in sharing is to show WE ALL HAVE A STORY.  With the nickname given to me by my closest friends, "Little Buddha", it has been perceived that I may of just woke up one day with the innate ability to be at peace. That is just not the case. It is a mindful, day to day effort. Never letting up, a continual look at oneself, and practicing moderation in every area of my life. 


What would those efforts look like in your world?


Namesta

No comments:

Post a Comment