Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mind Chatter from an American Yogi

Mind Chatter. I have had a considerable amount of it over the last few days. I'm finding it difficult to arrive in the celebration of the recent world news. Sunday night I found myself feeling sad. I am aware that there are many who felt the same, as I have been reading as much as my schedule would allow over the last few days. I also understand the happiness some are experiencing and I have nothing but the highest respect for the men and women and their families that have given their time or life. 

I can hardly help it, I have a "love not war" mindset and spirit.

I have watched my personal life transform through mindfulness and awareness. I've watched the reshaping that arises when I respond rather then react. I have felt what happens when I eliminate the bullshit at all cost. I've witnessed the power in making choices from simply sitting quietly and feeling what is authentic from within ME. No outside influences on my direction. 

I KNOW a shift of awareness can be instilled and that CHANGE can happen. 

With my opinion on "life" being made clear, I can go on and speak the point I'd like to share. 

From my eyes looking out, I see the same hate toward our President, government, or our enemy, being the same hate that creates war to begin with.  It's the reaction to the emotion that causes the violence. Even if our hate is kept "in", being, in our minds,  at the dinner table, or in group discussions. Our energy is being projected at all times. Good or bad. It carries all over the world. 

This is a human pattern that has been recreating itself since the earliest record of our existence. I'm sure you know that age old definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.. Sound familiar?! 

OK, SO.. What would it look like if we tried something new? What if when those emotions of hate, judgment, and frustration arose, we first recognize them, then we sit quietly and USE that energy built up inside us and transform it to love for the enemy. Sound crazy? Maybe a little! I have down it. It is difficult, but through time, patients, awareness of our emotion, and positive INTENTION we can get there. 

There is definitely a huge level of awareness going on in our current life cycle. So, GOOD JOB! But lets all try and take it to the next level. The energy is already within us. We may as well take FULL advantage of it's power. 

Thanks for taking the time to read into my "Mind Chatter"! Lets all take a step forward together!

No comments:

Post a Comment