Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 2, The Yin in Me




Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that are normally not exercised in depth in a more active style of yoga. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine. Simply said, it's holding the poses we already know and resting in them for 3 to 15 minutes! I have been leaning towards this style in my own practice and it's nice to have it formally introduced to me here in CR.

Its a great reminder of how important balance is on and off our mats. I practice and teach a more Yang style yoga, so Yin Yoga is a great balance, teaching us how to slow down and nurture our bodies. Yin Yoga brings out the non-doer in us.

After a beautiful 90 minute Yin class surrounded by the jungle my bones begun to melt into the floor as blissful tears streamed down my face. The teachers soft voice led us through savasana with the monkeys and birds as her music. I then very slowly rolled to my right side and opened my eyes to see 10 shades of green, the red and pink flowers where painted in like a picture. The howlers monkeys sounded out one more time, almost acting as our "chimes" to come to seated :) Namaste Tica style!



Flying solo for Christmas hasn't brought any sadness at all, rather strength and self love. It's been nice flying against the flock this year. The self love I'm able to create here will carry out way more then any gifts I couldn't of purchased and my belly is not missing the food AT ALL! Sitting in a circle with 30 other yogis instead of a table with my mom and dad.. The unknown, but awesome!



After Christmas what intentions will you be setting for the New Year? What actions and communications are no longer working for you? The energy we create inside ourselves effects everyone around us, on and off the mat. Are you willing and ready to take responsibility for what you bring into each situation, into your life?

Just ask the questions. Don't search for the answers. The answers will show up when you least expect it, when you need it most. LOVE

Om

No comments:

Post a Comment