Sunday, February 5, 2012

Affirmation: Opposition

Todays Affirmation is Opposition:

Do less and accomplish more. Today I will oppose nothing that occurs. I will resist nothing. Evil is a projection of our shadows. By embracing our own shadows we bring the light of awareness to them, by doing this we will diminish the evil in the world. Letting go of opposition is like turning the other cheek, but this makes little sense to the ego, when your ego feels pushed, the "I" inside you wants to push back. Lash out against the attacker. By doing this the cycle of attack and defense never stops. Let the opposition pass either by waiting, leaving or surrendering to the obstacle. Let your soul feel the direction rather then over thinking it, in this way the direction will arise almost magically, "I will resist not evil."

How can you not relate to this one? Especially if you are a reactor.. When you receive an ugly text or phone call, do you take time to feel the right way to respond or feel if there is a need to respond at all?

I have had to do this quite a bit with family obstacles/lessons. My Ego wants to banter immediately.. throw up my defenses, make sure they understood all I had done.. Luckily, I have had alot of practice at this, and yes I have had to get bitten by the snake, or better said, my teacher, many times before I finally replaced old patterns of reaction with new patterns of responding. Responding rather then reacting gives the Ego time to get back in the passengers seat and allow your spirit to move with love. There is a good chance that giving yourself this time will lead you to not responding at all, ENDING THE CYCLE OF ATTACK AND DEFENSE..

Now THAT'S taking the higher road.. OM!

No comments:

Post a Comment