Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Never Ending Shifts..

When I first started my yoga practice I had little knowledge of yoga, what it meant to me, or the journey of transformation that lay ahead. It was an internal guidance that held little awareness behind its motivation. My soul led me blindly down a path full of faith towards an internal greater self. I suddenly worried less and less about what was or will be. For the first time I was focusing on what IS. Although at that time I had no idea that this was occurring.

A dear friend once said, "You don't have to go through sh*t to turn to gold!" But I am glad I did, my soul needed to go down that path of faith. I am glad I experienced so many shifts before I began to study this endless path of awareness I am currently on, as the bridge would have seemed to long to cross. My deepest visions of myself are as I currently am, but I saw those visions as fairy tales. STOP right where you are and believe those fairy tales are your souls way of screaming, "This is who I AM, let me OUT"!

I live in the constant state of self realization and creation. I seem to see this life I live from a 3rd person point of view. I look down on my Being smiling at each soul that passes by, sharing peace and love. Every now and then I shake my head in BELIEF that the Being I am witnessing is ME. Then within an instant, I am back witnessing the beauty we call LIFE unfold. The teachers I have studied with call this the "observer".

I realized that anything other than the observer stance is of the Ego. I guess this means my Ego is hanging out in the back seat more these days! Don't TRY this.. I don't believe thats how these things work.. It is a process of de-conditioning the mind. When you realize that the OUTSIDE world does not hold the key to the level of awareness you're seeking, you are one step closer to the real YOU. For me, the second step was sitting with ALL fears. We tend to push our fears under the rug and assume they will go away or that they are just a part of you.. NO WAY! All fears stem from the past, since the only place we meet our soul is in the present, getting rid of our fears is a MUST.

My soul sister (girlfriend!) told me the other day she had watched her fears walk down the road, away from her! Oh so freeing! She reaffirms that we must SIT with our fears if we ever want them to disintegrate. Sitting with these fears will teach us what we don't want in life, which brings us one step closer to the light to our truest self. Try today to judge nothing that occurs. Allow everything in without deciding first if its good or bad, it just might be that last experience needed to drop you into your truest self.

I am excited each day I wake up for I know I will get to experience the Never Ending Shifts that this life holds rather then FEARING change and staying the same.

LOVE

1 comment:

  1. I love this: "STOP right where you are and believe those fairy tales are your souls way of screaming, 'This is who I AM, let me OUT!'" What a beautiful perspective!

    ReplyDelete